BESIVANCE® (besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension) 0.6% is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial medicine used to treat an infection of the eye called conjunctivitis, caused by certain types of germs called bacteria. Contact your doctor for more information about this type of eye infection or the bacteria that cause it.
Important Safety Information
- To avoid contamination of the bottle tip, do not touch the bottle tip with material from your eye, your fingers or other source. Wash hands thoroughly before using BESIVANCE.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using BESIVANCE or any time you have signs or symptoms of an eye infection.
- Before each use, turn the BESIVANCE bottle upside down and shake once. While upside down, remove cap, tilt head back and gently squeeze bottle to put in one drop into the affected eye(s).
- The most common side effect reported in clinical studies was eye redness in approximately 2% of patients. Other side effects reported in approximately 1-2% of patients were blurred vision, eye pain, eye irritation, itchy eye, and headache.
- Safety and effectiveness in infants below one year of age have not been established.
- Not for injection into the eye.
Click here to see full Prescribing Information for BESIVANCE.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit http://www.FDA.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.